Whether you are renewing a passport or applying for the first time, you can use an online tool to fill out the form and print. Then simply follow the instructions for submitting. It's that easy!
You can submit the application by mail, if you are:
- Renewing a passport (must be eligible)
- Changing or correcting a passport
- Replacing a limited passport (must be eligible)
You must submit the application in person at a passport acceptance facility (post office, clerk of court, etc.), if you are:
- Applying for a first-time passport
- Renewing a passport that is not eligible to renew by mail
- Applying for a passport for a child under the age of 16
- Applying for a passport for an adolescent 16-17 years old
For more information on applying for a passport, or to locate a passport acceptance facility, click here to visit the U.S. Department of State's website.
If you Need your Passport in a Hurry
Are you traveling within 2 weeks or do you need to obtain a foreign visa within 4 weeks? You are able to apply in person at a Department of State Passport Agency, the nearest of which is in Stamford, Connecticut.
- Appointments are required at all passport agencies. There is no charge to make an appointment at a passport agency and customers should not pay anyone or any business making such a charge.
- You must pay the $60 expedite fee in addition to application fees to apply at this agency.
- Proof of international travel is required when applying at this agency. You must provide a hard copy of your itinerary or other proof of international travel.
- Will call service is offered for life or death emergencies and immediate travel abroad (leaving within 8 business days). The agency will advise you when the passport will be ready for pickup at will call based on your documented travel plans.
- For all other customers, passports will be processed within 8 business days of applying at the agency. During your appointment, the agency will advise how the passport will be sent to you.
Click here to contact the Connecticut Passport Agency, or call 1-877-487-2778.