Mobile Menu - OpenMobile Menu - Closed
Twitter icon
Facebook icon
Flickr icon
YouTube icon

Agency Help

Immigration If you live in Connecticut's Third Congressional District and you need assistance in dealing with the federal government, please contact the New Haven office at (203) 562-3718, or complete this form and mail or fax it to the address shown on the form with a detailed explanation of your problem/issue.

Casework generally consists of a problem involving a federal program, rule, regulation, or administrative decision resulting from the implementation of public law. If you live in Connecticut's Third Congressional District and need assistance in matters involving the federal government, Rosa staff is here to help you. From answering a question about eligibility to interceding on your behalf with a specific grievance against an agency, Rosa is dedicated to working with you in resolving your issue.

Click here to email Rosa.


What type of assistance is available?

My office can assist you in matters involving federal departments, independent agencies and government corporations. Select the appropriate link to the right to open a case.

Some of the most commonly dealt with agencies include:

  • Passports
  • Federal student loans or other forms of financial aid. 
    • (You can also download FAFSA forms from the Department of Education Homepage.)
  • Worker's Compensation
  • Immigration Issues 
  • Federal Grants
  • Social Security Administration (SSA)
  • Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
  • U.S. Citizens and Immigration Services (USCIS)
  • U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
  • Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
  • Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
  • U.S. Department of Labor
  • State Department
  • Defense/Military Issues

Please note that as a Member of Congress, State of Connecticut and local matters are not within my jurisdiction. These include:

  • Title XIX
  • Connecticut state and local property taxes
  • Motor vehicle registration
  • Driver's licenses
  • Husky Insurance
  • State of Connecticut spend-downs

Please contact your state elected official (i.e. state senator or state representative), or your city/town official for additional guidance on these matters.


How will my case be handled and what can I expect?

If you have an urgent matter that needs immediate attention, please call the New Haven office at (203) 562-3718. After receiving your written permission and all supporting documentation, we will initiate an inquiry on your behalf. Within 10 business days, you will receive a letter with contact information of the caseworker assigned to your case. Your caseworker is your point of contact as well as your federal agency liaison. Please contact my office by telephone if you do not receive a response within 10 business days.

When an agency's response is received, my staff and I will notify you via phone or letter. Please allow 30 business days for a response from the agency. This is a standard time frame that may vary depending on the complexity or urgency of your case.

Federal agencies have the final say regarding the outcome of individual cases, and I cannot force an agency to act in favor of a constituent or expedite a case. However, my staff and I can encourage an agency to give a case full and fair consideration.


Privacy Release Statements

Provisions of state and federal privacy laws require that I receive your written authorization to allow agencies contacted on your behalf to provide me with a reply in response to your request. Your permission will allow the government departments to comply with the provisions of the privacy acts and ensure that your individual rights will not be abused. Therefore, if you wish me to make any inquiries on your behalf, it is necessary that you complete this authorization and return it to my office.

My office needs different forms for casework related to immigration issues and all other issues. For all non-immigration issues please use the General Privacy Release Statement and for immigration related issues please use the Immigration-Related Privacy Release Statement.

Please submit only the form my district office has indicated is necessary.

General Privacy Release Statement

Immigration-Related Privacy Release Statement